Monday, April 22, 2013

Healthy Reminder

This may seem weird, but I really like Mondays… I love any kind of fresh start, where the mistakes of the weekend can be wiped clean by a new plan at the beginning of the week.

It’s easy to get caught up in feeling bad or down on yourself when you “slip” on the otherwise healthy patterns you consistently maintain, and for myself, it takes a lot of reminding to focus on all the amazing and healthy things I do for my body every day, rather than dwelling on the things that maybe aren’t so great. This is human nature and so a new practice of mine if to remind myself of five good things when I am having those guilty feelings… which I really need to let go of period, and that will come too.

Here are just 5 things I did this weekend that I can feel proud of:
1-     2.5 hours on my bike in the beautiful sunshine on Saturday
2-     Double juice intake on Saturday
3-     An hour and fifteen minute run on Sunday
4-     8 hours of sleep every night (Friday, Saturday and Sunday- so necessary)
5-     Stretched properly after Sunday run

What five things can you be proud of in the name of your health?


No comments:

Post a Comment