Thursday, April 4, 2013

ACV

Growing up I always remember coming down for breakfast in the morning to the sight of an empty glass of my Mom’s Apple Cider Vinegar.
At the time I couldn’t get within a couple of feet from that abandoned glass without gagging, as the strong smell of vinegar was overpowering for my young senses J

Fast forward 15 years and here I am regularly drinking ACV, and actually enjoying it. The key is to add about a tablespoon to a cup of water and dilute it so that your tastebuds have some time to adapt. I like to keep a bottle at work and pour a glass after lunch to sip on throughout the afternoon. At home I have just started using it in salad dressing (in place of balsamic vinegar)... and am really not noticing much of a difference tastewise.

Here are the Top 20 Uses for Apple Cider Vinegar:
- Wards of flu
- Dissolves kidney stones
- Detoxifies the body
- Regulates pH in the body
- Aids with nausea
- Relieves heartburn
- Relieves allergies
- Lowers glucose levels in diabetics
- Natural appetite suppressant
- Helps relieve migraines
- Helps relieve sinus pressure and infection
- Lowers blood pressure
- Lowers cholesterol
- Kills cancer cells or slows their growth
- Reduces inflammation to relieve arthritis
- Get rid of buildup on scalp
- Kills toe and nail fungus
- Soothes bug bites
- Gets rid of warts
- Clears skin


***Cue the phone call from my Mom... another thing you are right about! I know Mother!!!  

1 comment:

  1. Kate I love your blog!
    And I also try and drink apple cider vinegar...who knew your Momma drinks/drank it, too!!

    She's a smart lady, that one...

    Thanks for the motivation! Keep it up!

    Erin Houldsworth

    ReplyDelete