Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Lessons in Plank



The other night in a Hot Yoga class the teacher challenged us to hold a 2 minute plank. Now normally the plank really doesn't get me too worked up... but 2 minutes?! This was something I had never done. Nevertheless I assumed the position and got into it.

I will admit that it was a pretty MAJOR test- not only for my body, but for my attitude. Those two minutes were really about weeding out the quitters, and I am no quitter. I promised myself that I would not give up. So I didn't. It sounds harsh, but simply understanding that that decision was mine was huge.



Much like all challenges or goals we set for ourself (big or small), the decision to persevere lies within... The committment to eat healthier, quit a bad habit or start to exercise, pushes your body out of it's comfort zone. Combine that with the affirmation that you will not lie to yourself, or quit yourself- that is when you will see what your body if truly capable of.


That said, I have decided to take this same challenge to my morning class tomorrow...

Two Minutes. One Plank. Zero Tolerance for failure.

Give it a try at home. Your body will show up for you. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment